Estimated reading time: 26 minute(s)
Video marketing is the trending marketing strategy and most persons are already leveraging it. But to make the most from it, you’ve got to work hard on getting targeted views to your videos.
A great video without views is a wasted effort because it can’t bring in the needed results commensurate with the time, resource and effort put into it.
Producing a cool and quality video can be very tedious and tasking. So imagine how painful and frustrating it can be when it fails to yield the expected results.
The best way of getting your videos in the face of your audience is by promoting your videos in order to get targeted views to your videos.
Video optimization is not just enough for achieving the great result which is commensurate with your effort and resource, getting targeted views to your video will increase your chances.
Simple But Effective Ways Of Getting Targeted Views To Your Videos
Take Advantage Of Q&A Sites
There are numerous question and answer site out there but the most popular one is Quora.
I will list others and talk only on Quora because of its popularity
This is a forum where you can either ask a question or answer question(s) of others. I have particularly been using this site for long and I can attest to the fact that it works great.
It helps you build an online authority by answering people’s question. You can as well use it to drive quality traffic to your YouTube channel, blogs and affiliate offers.
It works well both for vloggers, bloggers, affiliate marketers and even freelance writers.
But you must ensure that you give well-detailed answers that add value to Quora community so you don’t look spammy. It is also important that you leave one or two links and this should be done in such a way that it doesn’t look spammy.
How to utilize quora.com for video promotion:
- Go to quora.com.
- Search for any question related to your video in the search box.
- Answer the question the best way you can.
- And leave a link back to your YouTube channel.
By doing this, you will get high-quality views on your YouTube channel.
Think about the kind of traffic you will get posting your video in a platform housing thousands of persons that are desperately in search of answers to their questions. The traffic will be boom and massive.
But in doing this, ensure you do it the right way and don’t spam to avoid your account been banned by Quora.com.
Here is a list of other question and answer sites that you can use to promote your video:
You can look up Google for more Q&A sites.
This is another way of promoting your videos and getting more views. YouTube playlist is a great way to help your users easily find and share your videos.
Create a custom list of videos that are relevant to your industry and reflects your brand. Encourage your audience to share not only your individual video but your entire playlist. The benefits of creating playlist are;
- Better search rankings.
- Increase views for less-watched videos.
- More keyword targeting opportunity.
- Greater chances of ranking.
How to create a playlist:
- Search for your videos with common or similar theme or topic
- Select the videos
- Click the “Add to” button below the right corner of the video window
- Click on “create new playlist” at the bottom of the drop-down menu
- Enter a name for your playlist in the “Name” text field
- Set your playlist’s privacy to public
- Click on the “Create button” at the bottom right corner of the menu.
- Then Add more videos by going to another video and clicking on the “Add to” icon below it, then check the box to the left of your playlist’s name.
Drive Traffic From Blog Post
This is done by embedding videos in your blog post. Though is not something you do anyhow, brainstorm where you can embed YouTube videos and it will be great when writing your blog post.
When done right, it’s sure to get your videos tons of high-quality views.
How to embed YouTube video in a blog post:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard
- Select create a new post or edit an existing post
- Ensure that the “Visual” tab on the top right is selected
- Once you are on the post editor screen, copy and paste the video URL into the blog post.
- Click on the “Publish” button and the video gets added.
Optimize Your Channel
Create a clear and catchy profile with an in-depth description of what your channel is all about.
Make sure that your profile is on-brand and aligns with your other social channels in terms of:
- Custom banners and layout
- Social media icon
Having your YouTube channel echo the brand you’ve worked so hard to build will undoubtedly help with your video promotion as your audience grows to easily recognize your distinct voice.
This is a great way of engaging with your audience, getting targeted views to your videos and growing your subscribers. Everyone loves freebies and you can take advantage of that.
Upload a call-to-action video announcing a contest and the basic description and rules, encouraging your subscribers to invite others, subscribers, to increase their chances of winning.
Some examples of YouTube contest ideas include:
- Ask non-subscribers to enter by subscribing to your channel
- Ask subscribers to enter by leaving a comment in exchange
- Create a platform for users to submit their own videos and have others vote on their favorite.
Contests are a great way to engage and promote your YouTube channel amongst not only your current subscribers but also to your potential subscribers.
This involves partnering with other brands that have a similar audience with you to create videos that can be cross-promoted. This is a great way of getting targeted views to your videos – getting more eyes to watch your videos.
It’s cool creating a great content, but if you are not pitching your audience to do anything, you’re really missing a huge opportunity to promote your channel and video.
The possibilities for a call-to-action are limitless and will perform wonders for your video promotion efforts.
In addition to asking your subscribers to share, comment, and like your content, examples of other forms of call-to-action include:
- Ask a question (inviting viewers to engage with your brand or hashtag)
- Enter to win (when running a contest)
- Free trial (if your business model is subscription based)
- Fill out a form.
- Watch another video
- Vote now (for creating a sense of ownership among viewers of voting scenario)
Another great way to promote your YouTube channel is by giving your viewers a clear guidance as to how they can further interact with your content.
Video marketing is the beast that is sure to triple your sales/conversion and this is the reason most top firms are leveraging on it. And if you are yet to come on board, you are missing out on a great opportunity for growing your business.
Whether as a newbie in video marketing or you’ve been in video marketing for some time now, creating quality videos are great but most importantly getting targeted views to your video is what you should give maximum attention as well.
But if you want an easier and effective ride on getting your videos seen by thousands of viewers daily, check out this method that has helped many visitor marketers like you to increase their reach